IHOP® for a Year Survey Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The IHOP® for a Year Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who are 13 years old or older and are legal residents of fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia. Eligible minors must obtain their parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to participating and may be required to provide evidence of such permission. The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors and officers of International House of Pancakes, LLC (“Sponsor”), MRM//McCann (“MRM//McCann”), their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors, web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step”) of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twenty-four-month period preceding the start date of the Sweepstakes).
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins at 2:00PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on Monday, September 25th ends at 11:59PM ET on Thursday, September 28th (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, participants must comply with the following entry requirements (“Entry Requirements”) to enter the Sweepstakes: (1) participants must visit www.IHOP.com/socialsurvey; and (2) follow the instructions on the page to (i) complete the online entry form, and (ii) complete and submit the five (5) question survey provided: Your responses to the survey questions will not be judged and therefore will not increase or decrease your chances of winning the prize.
Participants who comply with the Entry Requirements will receive one (1) “Entry” into the random drawing. Limit one (1) Entry per person using only one (1) email address throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Participants may only use one (1) email address to participate in the Sweepstakes. Entries received from any person or email address in excess of the above stated limitation will be void.
Compliance with the Entry Requirements will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entries that violate, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, these Entry Requirements or do not meet the entry deadline will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Incomplete, false, misdirected, delayed, deceptive or garbled Entries may be disqualified. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
If entering via a mobile phone or other web-enabled device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Entrants are responsible for any data and messaging rates that might apply.
The potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry and/or an eligible entrant. Entrants may not register/enter with multiple email addresses nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to register/enter under multiple identities. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple accounts and/or under multiple identities will be disqualified and forfeit any prize won, in Sponsor's sole discretion.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing to be held at or about 2:00PM ET on Monday, October 2nd, from among all eligible Entries received for the Sweepstakes Period. Drawing will be conducted by the Promotion Parties, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period.
5. GRAND PRIZE DETAILS: One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive IHOP® for one (1) year, awarded in the form of a $2,600 IHOP® gift card. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $2,600.00.
Prize may not be exchanged or redeemed for cash, sold, or traded. No prize transfer, assignment, or substitution by any Winner is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize with a prize of approximately equal or greater value. Gift card will be subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by Sponsor.
Winner will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes incurred by participation in the Sweepstakes and acceptance and use of the prize, including but not limited to transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified by Sponsor (as IHOP) via phone, mail, and/or email and will also be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) and any other documents required by Sponsor, which must be returned within five (5) days of initial notification. Winner must meet all eligibility requirements including the execution and delivery of all necessary documents as requested by Sponsor. If any attempted notification is not successful within five (5) days, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible Entries, in accordance with the criteria set out in these Official Rules.
7. CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS APPLY: Winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Proof of U.S. residency, age, and identity are required to claim the prize. Winner is subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant’s eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. In the event that a winner is determined to be ineligible or fails to respond to Sponsor within five (5) days of notification, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible Entries in accordance with the criteria set out in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Sweepstakes without awarding the prize if no eligible winners or alternate winners claim the prizes within the required time period.
Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use winner’s name and/or likeness and/or winning Entry, for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
8. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY: Sponsor will not be responsible for lost, late, damaged, incomplete or misdirected Entries, or for any typographical or other error in the printing of the official rules, administration of the Sweepstakes, or announcement of the prize and/or all Sweepstakes-related materials. By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant forever discharges, releases, and holds harmless Sponsor, its franchisees, and each of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, losses, damages, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the Sweepstakes, however caused.
9. SPONSOR’S RESERVATION OF RIGHTS: These Official Rules are subject to modification by Sponsor at any time. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by Sponsor are final and binding. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with or abuses the entry process, or who otherwise acts in violation of these Official Rules. Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this Sweepstakes if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of completion as planned, including due to force majeure or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. If terminated, Sponsor reserves the right to select the potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to action taken.
10. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants release Sponsor, Promotion Parties, participating retailers, franchisees, and all of their respective affiliates, officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes. By accepting the prize, winner (a) agrees that the Sponsor, Promotion Parties, participating retailers, franchisees and all of their respective affiliates, officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes; from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of prize and (b) grants (and agrees to confirm grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority the right to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements and biographical information, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including the Internet without review, notification or approval, and additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not liable in the event that any portion of the Sweepstakes is canceled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a “Force Majeure Event”).
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: THE SWEEPSTAKES AND PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
13. IDENTITY DISPUTES: In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the winner based on an e-mail address, or wireless phone number, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address or, if no valid email address is provided or available, the email address at time of entry into the Sweepstakes. For purposes of these Official Rules, "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
14. BINDING ARBITRATION: The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of JAMS. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of California, in the City of Los Angeles and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
15. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: This Sweepstakes is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 14 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of California, in the City of Los Angeles.
16. WINNER’S NAME: For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by November 4, 2017 to: IHOP® for a Year Survey Sweepstakes, 105 Carnegie Center, Princeton, NJ 08540.
17. SPONSOR: International House of Pancakes, LLC, 450 North Brand Boulevard Glendale, CA 91203.